A Broadway veteran, award winning actress and writer, Cheryl has also been enjoying a thriving coaching practice in New York for the past fifteen years. She coaches actors privately for auditions and solo performances and has taught musical audition classes at the reknowned T. Schreiber Studio and at Wagner College as well as offering her own Broadway Boot Camp workshops.
Cheryl’s Broadway Credits include the 2010 Tony winning revival of La Cage Aux Folles starring Kelsey Grammer, Les Miserables, Evita, Grand Night for Singing, The Women starring Cynthia Nixonand Laughing Room Only . Off Broadway: Fiorello at Encores, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Being Audrey, I Love You, You’re Perfect and First Lady Suite.
With over thirty years of experience in the theatre as both actress and writer, Cheryl brings her unique first hand experience to each and every student. Cheryl works to shape audition songs, monologues that will bring out the personal strengths and uniqueness of each student. From first audition, to final callbacks, she provides a supportive environment of discovery where students can explore the emotional life of their songs and callback scenes to find characterizations that are original and full of life. The kind of work that makes you stand out and book the job!!!
Cheryl also works extensively with young actors in preparation for professional school and college conservatory auditions.
Whether a seasoned pro or an aspiring young actor, Cheryl will help you:
- Get your "book" together.
- Create your best 16 bars.
- Find your perfect Uptempo and Ballad
- Nail the callback- Land the Job!!!
- Learn to bring your songs to life with a much deeper understanding of the story you are telling and the choices you can make.
- Free your body of tension and that feeling of "what am I doing with my hands" by investing fully in the intensions of each song and scene.
- Gain confidence. Be prepared. Bring your very best into the room.
Learn to trust that YOU are enough!!!!
E-mail email@example.com for more info.